Follow Me on Pinterest

Beef Wellington

Sunday, February 17, 2013
I wanted to cook something that I have never had before.  Today's recipe will be Beef Wellington. I saw this the first time on a episode of the Cosby's as a child. Then I saw it on cooking shows. So I'm looking for a recipe and I come across this one for individual Beef Wellington. Bingo lets do it.


Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com   * things i added as my twist

Ingredients:

1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup dry sherry or your choice
1/4 cup butter
1/4 chopped parsley
3 garlic bulbs chopped*
4 (8 ounce) fillets beef tenderloin
1 pack of frozen puff pastry, thawed
Montreal seasoning

Directions:

1. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the mushrooms, onion, garlic, wine butter, and parsley and saute until liquid is absorbed and the mixture resembles a paste.




2. Season your tendies with the Montreal seasoning and seer on both sides for about 2 minutes.*
    Then cover each steak with the mixture.



2. Partially thaw the puff pastry sheets and roll out the pieces thin enough to cover the top and bottom of each steak. Place the steaks on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F





3. Bake steaks uncovered in the oven for 20 minutes. They will be medium rare.*


I paired that with a lobster, grapefruit, avocado salad and roasted garlic mashed potatoes.  Stay tuned for those recipes they coming up next enjoy.






















0 comments:

Post a Comment